Residential Laser Scanning Services and Accurate Building Documentation
We specialize in accurate laser scanning & as-built services of residential real estate. This allows the architect, building contractor, and home owner to have very accurate plans and models of the building dimensions, square footage, and space available for rehabilitation.
The residential as-builts we offer can be either 2D plans or complete 3D models. We produce the plans and models in Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, or Rhino (Rhinoceros 3D). The 2D floor plans, 2D ceiling plans, cross sections, and elevational drawings can be delivered as a DWG file or exported as a PDF document.
To analyze the residential existing conditions we utilize the best and fastest laser scanners on the market. This allows us to quickly digitally capture the interior and exterior of the house or apartment without moving any of the current owner’s valuables such as furniture, paintings, etc. One laser scan will capture a complete 360 degree horizontal in a few minutes. The large scan capture area allows us to quickly capture the floors, walls, and ceilings. Raw scan data can also be in full color or intensity mapping. Pictured below is a colorized scan.
Upon completing the field laser scanning we begin post-processing to combine the individual laser scan images, utilizing specialized software that then creates deliverables for what the homeowner and architect requires. As mentioned the normal plan deliverables are floor plans, ceiling plans, interior and exterior wall elevations, and complete 3D AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino models. Below is a laser scan point cloud slice of the floor plate.
Below is the finished 2D floor plan for the architect and homeowner. As can be seen, the more complex geometrically the house or apartment, the more advantageous it is to utilize our service.
Often, the homeowners and architects request additional plans outside the original scope of work. The additional requests may be sill elevations, floor and ceiling elevations, ceiling plans, or sections thru the building, etc. Since we fully scan the home or apartment, the additionally information requested is almost always available from the initial site visit, thus avoiding additional site visits and associated costs. Below is an exterior elevational drawing that was requested after the initial site. Since we already had the data, it was a very minimal effort to produce elevational drawing.
Below shows the “black and white” point cloud slice overlaid on the finish drawing and the finished drawing with shows a residential elevational facade of the front of the building.
The project may require the existing conditions to be 3D-modeled in Autodesk Revit, Rhino, or Autodesk AutoCAD, but our as-built models are typically created in Revit. The advantage to the As-built 3D model is that the homeowner can visually see the home or apartment. The client can virtually walk thru the space with the building materials properly rendered. Below is colorized laser scan of an exterior.
Below is an Autodesk Revit model with intensity point overlay of an exterior of a residential home.
Below shows the final shaded model including topography that was extracted from the collected laser lidar scan data.
Below shows the rendered model showing the exterior finishes.
Below picture shows the as-built AutoDesk Revit model with the existing conditions material rendered,
Below is a floor plan that was created, from the model, in a few minutes. Other plans such as ceiling, elevation, and section plans can be created rapidly from the model.
Please see below projects for more information.
- Provided laser scanning services and complete as-built Revit model of apartment located in Manhattan, NY.
- Purpose of existing conditions survey was for archtitect and homeowner to make renovations of the space.
- With accurate building documentation the owner and architect had complete confidence in design decisions.
- We have been providing NYC with laser scanning and as-built services since 2005.
- Laser scanning of exterior and interior of building located in New York City.
- Complete 2d AutoCAD as-built of facades, interior floors, and roof structure.
- Colorized 3d laser scanning of steel structure.
- Complete As-Built Revit model of steel structure including bolted connections.
- Provided Laser scanning for interior and exterior for major remodeling of building.
- Provided complete as-built strutural BIM model from scan data.
- As-build structural model included column connections.
- Existing conditions BIM model of north and west facades to comply with FISP NYC Local Law 11 and NYC Historical Society rules and regulations.
- 3d high-definition laser scanning of facade for major renovations.
- Complete accurate Autodesk Revit as-built model of facade which included mullions, columns, glass, etc.
- Provided NYC Renovation Architect Laser scanning for project in Manhattan, NY.
- With scan data provided detailed and very accurate AutoDesk Revit Model.
- The NYC apartment renovation model allowed the collaboration between the architect and owner to ensure a successful project that beat all expectations.
- The collection of data took approximately 2 hours thus minimizing inconveniences to the owner, architect, and building manager.
- We provided laser scanning services and an accurate Revit BIM model for a historic building renovation project in Hoboken, NJ.
- The accurate building documentation we provided; facilitated a very successful on-time, and on-budget project.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of exterior using scan data and existing plans for NYC facade restoration contractor.
- Provide NYC structural engineering company 3d-Laser scanning services of east and west attics of NYC City Hall.
- Complete 3D-model of west attic structure.
- Provided NYC Remodeling Contractor 3d laser Scanning of an apartment for construction fit-up.
- Created as-built Rhino model from laser scan data. Model consisted of existing architectural, mechanical, and piping.
- NYC Renovation Contractor used the Rhino model to verify existing conditions and work out construction problems. Collection of an accurate as-built is the first step for remodeling of NYC apartments.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of entire apartment interior.
- 3D-modeling of entire apartment.
- Provided NYC remodeling architect Laser Scanning and Creation of an Architectural BIM Model of a historic building in Manhattan, NY.
- Architect and owner needed complete As-built BIM model to plan successful Manhattan, NY building restoration, file permits with NYC Building Department and NYC Historical Society.
- Provided NYC commercial renovation architect with 3d laser scanning services for Weigand Gynmasium Complex. Scan of entire interior and exterior of complex.
- Created a very accurate and detailed as-built model in Architectural Revit of the entire complex for a new building addition.
- Provided Newark, NJ Renovation Architect laser scanning services and an as-built facade model in Revit. The project was in Newark, NJ.
- Purpose of the accurate building documentation was for facade restoration and a possible building addition.
- Provided Buffalo commercial renovation architect with laser scannnig, survey, and as-built BIM model of entire school district in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Created As-build BIM model of all elements including basketball courts, swimming pools, locker rooms, weight rooms, class rooms, MEP items.
- Software used to create BIM model included Cyclone and Architectural Revit.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using contract drawings for Binghamton, NY general contractor.
- Provided 3D-Laser scanning and modeling of entire basement plaza area and adjacent buildings at SUNY campus pre-construction.
- Provide NY general contractor with as-build data of new steel structure for quality control purposes.
- Provided NY MEP contractor with as-build data of new piping, ductwork, etc. for construction quality control purposes.
- 3D-Laser Scan of building
- 3D-modeling of building
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of interior and exterior of residence.
- 3D-modeling of interior and exterior of structure.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D As-Built of 5 interior floors.
- Created BIM model from laser scan data using Autodesk Architectural Revit and Autodesk Revit MEP.
- 3d Model used for rehabilitation of apartment complex in Boston, MA.
- Provide 3d laser scanning services for interior of industrial building located in Corning, NY.
- As-Built 3d AutoCAD model from scan data to verify steel and update existing plans.
- 3d laser scanning of interior and exterior of several homes located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced complete As-Built BIM models, using Architectural Revit.
- Provided Garrsion, NY Remodeling Architect laser scanning of complete interior and exterior of ranch to produce very accurate asbuilt.
- Delivered complete BIM model using Architectural REVIT.
- 3d laser scanning entire exterior and interior of multi level barn located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced a complete asbuilt BIM model of barn, including columns, beams, and general framework using Architectural Revit.
- 3d Laser Scan Office Space for Tenant Fit-up in Washington DC.
- Produced complete BIM model using MEP Revit and Architectural Revit.