As-Build Plans and Models
What we do?
We create as-builts of existing buildings. For renovation, remodeling, and addition projects the architects, owners, or contractors need accurate plans or 3d models of what the space currently looks like.
First, we laser scan the environment. A laser scanner is a camera that sits on a tripod that collects a million x,y,z points a second. The laser scanner will capture a complete 360 degrees horizontal by 300 degree vertically.
The scanner captures everything in it's “line of sight”. We will, typically, do many set-ups in a space to adequately capture the whole environment. The typical individual scan takes between 1.5 minutes to 5 minutes depending if they are color scans or black and white scans.
After scanning is complete, we import the data into a software program that will combine or stitch the individual scans together using the overlapping areas.
Once the stitching or combining of the scans is complete, we bring this into CAD software to produce floor plans, ceiling plans, elevational plans, or 3d models of the environment. We may also send the combined scan data to the client.
The value of our service is that it is very fast, complete, and accurate. This allows minimal client impact without personnel spending days taking error-prone hand measurements at the space. Our process allows us to get in and out of the space typically within a few hours.
With accurate scan data, 2d plans, and 3d models will eliminate schedule delays, miscommunication between the project team, and avoid budget cost overruns.
Why G&P Associates?
Our CAD operators are not just highly skilled in AutoCAD, Revit, and Rhino; they also have an in-depth knowledge of building services, which enable them to provide practical, workable solutions.
Drawings can be produced either to our own expert standards or to the standards you specify then delivered within the most demanding project schedules.
Utilizing the latest technology, you have 24-hour access and redlining facilities available whenever you need them. With G&P Associates, you know you are benefiting from the latest technologies, operated within a stable and secure IT environment, allowing you to focus on your core business.
Our Main Focus
'As-Built' and record drawings
24-hour digital printing and multi site distribution of your drawing issues.
Secure data center file storage with web based file viewing and redlining.
A comprehensive scanning and plotting service
Encapsulation and framing of drawings for maintenance or O&M requirements.
- Provided laser scanning services and complete as-built Revit model of apartment located in Manhattan, NY.
- Purpose of existing conditions survey was for archtitect and homeowner to make renovations of the space.
- With accurate building documentation the owner and architect had complete confidence in design decisions.
- We have been providing NYC with laser scanning and as-built services since 2005.
- Laser scanning of exterior and interior of building located in New York City.
- Complete 2d AutoCAD as-built of facades, interior floors, and roof structure.
- Colorized 3d laser scanning of steel structure.
- Complete As-Built Revit model of steel structure including bolted connections.
- Provided Laser scanning for interior and exterior for major remodeling of building.
- Provided complete as-built strutural BIM model from scan data.
- As-build structural model included column connections.
- Existing conditions BIM model of north and west facades to comply with FISP NYC Local Law 11 and NYC Historical Society rules and regulations.
- 3d high-definition laser scanning of facade for major renovations.
- Complete accurate Autodesk Revit as-built model of facade which included mullions, columns, glass, etc.
- Provided NYC Renovation Architect Laser scanning for project in Manhattan, NY.
- With scan data provided detailed and very accurate AutoDesk Revit Model.
- The NYC apartment renovation model allowed the collaboration between the architect and owner to ensure a successful project that beat all expectations.
- The collection of data took approximately 2 hours thus minimizing inconveniences to the owner, architect, and building manager.
- We provided laser scanning services and an accurate Revit BIM model for a historic building renovation project in Hoboken, NJ.
- The accurate building documentation we provided; facilitated a very successful on-time, and on-budget project.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of exterior using scan data and existing plans for NYC facade restoration contractor.
- Provide NYC structural engineering company 3d-Laser scanning services of east and west attics of NYC City Hall.
- Complete 3D-model of west attic structure.
- Provided NYC Remodeling Contractor 3d laser Scanning of an apartment for construction fit-up.
- Created as-built Rhino model from laser scan data. Model consisted of existing architectural, mechanical, and piping.
- NYC Renovation Contractor used the Rhino model to verify existing conditions and work out construction problems. Collection of an accurate as-built is the first step for remodeling of NYC apartments.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of entire apartment interior.
- 3D-modeling of entire apartment.
- Provided NYC remodeling architect Laser Scanning and Creation of an Architectural BIM Model of a historic building in Manhattan, NY.
- Architect and owner needed complete As-built BIM model to plan successful Manhattan, NY building restoration, file permits with NYC Building Department and NYC Historical Society.
- Provided NYC commercial renovation architect with 3d laser scanning services for Weigand Gynmasium Complex. Scan of entire interior and exterior of complex.
- Created a very accurate and detailed as-built model in Architectural Revit of the entire complex for a new building addition.
- Provided Newark, NJ Renovation Architect laser scanning services and an as-built facade model in Revit. The project was in Newark, NJ.
- Purpose of the accurate building documentation was for facade restoration and a possible building addition.
- Provided Buffalo commercial renovation architect with laser scannnig, survey, and as-built BIM model of entire school district in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Created As-build BIM model of all elements including basketball courts, swimming pools, locker rooms, weight rooms, class rooms, MEP items.
- Software used to create BIM model included Cyclone and Architectural Revit.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using contract drawings for Binghamton, NY general contractor.
- Provided 3D-Laser scanning and modeling of entire basement plaza area and adjacent buildings at SUNY campus pre-construction.
- Provide NY general contractor with as-build data of new steel structure for quality control purposes.
- Provided NY MEP contractor with as-build data of new piping, ductwork, etc. for construction quality control purposes.
- 3D-Laser Scan of building
- 3D-modeling of building
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of interior and exterior of residence.
- 3D-modeling of interior and exterior of structure.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D As-Built of 5 interior floors.
- Created BIM model from laser scan data using Autodesk Architectural Revit and Autodesk Revit MEP.
- 3d Model used for rehabilitation of apartment complex in Boston, MA.
- Provide 3d laser scanning services for interior of industrial building located in Corning, NY.
- As-Built 3d AutoCAD model from scan data to verify steel and update existing plans.
- 3d laser scanning of interior and exterior of several homes located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced complete As-Built BIM models, using Architectural Revit.
- Provided Garrsion, NY Remodeling Architect laser scanning of complete interior and exterior of ranch to produce very accurate asbuilt.
- Delivered complete BIM model using Architectural REVIT.
- 3d laser scanning entire exterior and interior of multi level barn located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced a complete asbuilt BIM model of barn, including columns, beams, and general framework using Architectural Revit.
- 3d Laser Scan Office Space for Tenant Fit-up in Washington DC.
- Produced complete BIM model using MEP Revit and Architectural Revit.