On-Site Laser Scanning
Accurate Laser Scanning Services
With the ever-increasing cost of building new structures, as well as the decreasing space in which to build them, many businesses and organizations are opting to renovate existing historical structures. Usage of laser & Lidar scanning services has gained enormous popularity, where space is often at a premium. G&P's high-speed terrestrial laser scanners can capture the site quickly, accurately, and more inexpensively than manual measuring or conventional surveying techniques. This can create detailed floor plans and BIM models from which to work from.
The appeal of using laser scanning and as-built services is that projects can be estimated more accurately, they take less time to complete, the work is of better quality, and the cost and risk of execution go down. Better graphical documentation of existing site-work leads to improved visualization of proposed projects, so private, public and governmental acceptance of 3D point clouds and modeling is easier to understand.
In addition to the obvious benefits to the construction and renovation industries, terrestrial laser scanning is used in virtually any large-scale structure or environment that needs to be documented. Civil engineers use laser scanning to digitize existing and proposed locations for roadways, bridges, tunnels and more. With the exact topographical features, they can calculate volumes, contours, and many other aspects of infrastructure construction. Once construction is underway, laser scans are used to inspect the work at various intervals, making sure that plans are accurately executed and will uncover design flaws before they become costly and time consuming.
Similarly, terrestrial laser scanning is invaluable in conditions that are less than optimal for manual measurements; such as work being done on huge oil rigs or in poorly lit areas such as mines and tunnels. The laser scanner can take accurate measurements even in the dark. Another application for the laser scanner is documenting the scene of a crime or an accident. The high-speed scanners quickly collect detailed data of everything that is within range with minimal intrusion. Nothing is moved by non-contact measurement, keeping the integrity of the scene intact. The 3D data is then exported to special forensic software for modeling and contouring, creating a realistic view for the investigators to examine visually allowing them to be able to determine the sequence of events and possible causes.
Bottom line, On-Site laser scanning is an extremely useful service that is here to stay. Combining proper field techniques and work processes with experienced, knowledgeable personnel results in the most accurate, detailed, and cost effective site mapping solution available.
- Residential Laser Scanning Services
- Commercial Laser Scanning Services
- Facade Laser Scanning Services
G&P Associates, Future Solutions - Now!
- Provided laser scanning services and complete as-built Revit model of apartment located in Manhattan, NY.
- Purpose of existing conditions survey was for archtitect and homeowner to make renovations of the space.
- With accurate building documentation the owner and architect had complete confidence in design decisions.
- We have been providing NYC with laser scanning and as-built services since 2005.
- Laser scanning of exterior and interior of building located in New York City.
- Complete 2d AutoCAD as-built of facades, interior floors, and roof structure.
- Colorized 3d laser scanning of steel structure.
- Complete As-Built Revit model of steel structure including bolted connections.
- Provided Laser scanning for interior and exterior for major remodeling of building.
- Provided complete as-built strutural BIM model from scan data.
- As-build structural model included column connections.
- Existing conditions BIM model of north and west facades to comply with FISP NYC Local Law 11 and NYC Historical Society rules and regulations.
- 3d high-definition laser scanning of facade for major renovations.
- Complete accurate Autodesk Revit as-built model of facade which included mullions, columns, glass, etc.
- Provided NYC Renovation Architect Laser scanning for project in Manhattan, NY.
- With scan data provided detailed and very accurate AutoDesk Revit Model.
- The NYC apartment renovation model allowed the collaboration between the architect and owner to ensure a successful project that beat all expectations.
- The collection of data took approximately 2 hours thus minimizing inconveniences to the owner, architect, and building manager.
- We provided laser scanning services and an accurate Revit BIM model for a historic building renovation project in Hoboken, NJ.
- The accurate building documentation we provided; facilitated a very successful on-time, and on-budget project.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of exterior using scan data and existing plans for NYC facade restoration contractor.
- Provide NYC structural engineering company 3d-Laser scanning services of east and west attics of NYC City Hall.
- Complete 3D-model of west attic structure.
- Provided NYC Remodeling Contractor 3d laser Scanning of an apartment for construction fit-up.
- Created as-built Rhino model from laser scan data. Model consisted of existing architectural, mechanical, and piping.
- NYC Renovation Contractor used the Rhino model to verify existing conditions and work out construction problems. Collection of an accurate as-built is the first step for remodeling of NYC apartments.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of entire apartment interior.
- 3D-modeling of entire apartment.
- Provided NYC remodeling architect Laser Scanning and Creation of an Architectural BIM Model of a historic building in Manhattan, NY.
- Architect and owner needed complete As-built BIM model to plan successful Manhattan, NY building restoration, file permits with NYC Building Department and NYC Historical Society.
- Provided NYC commercial renovation architect with 3d laser scanning services for Weigand Gynmasium Complex. Scan of entire interior and exterior of complex.
- Created a very accurate and detailed as-built model in Architectural Revit of the entire complex for a new building addition.
- Provided Newark, NJ Renovation Architect laser scanning services and an as-built facade model in Revit. The project was in Newark, NJ.
- Purpose of the accurate building documentation was for facade restoration and a possible building addition.
- Provided Buffalo commercial renovation architect with laser scannnig, survey, and as-built BIM model of entire school district in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Created As-build BIM model of all elements including basketball courts, swimming pools, locker rooms, weight rooms, class rooms, MEP items.
- Software used to create BIM model included Cyclone and Architectural Revit.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using contract drawings for Binghamton, NY general contractor.
- Provided 3D-Laser scanning and modeling of entire basement plaza area and adjacent buildings at SUNY campus pre-construction.
- Provide NY general contractor with as-build data of new steel structure for quality control purposes.
- Provided NY MEP contractor with as-build data of new piping, ductwork, etc. for construction quality control purposes.
- 3D-Laser Scan of building
- 3D-modeling of building
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of entire structure using scan data.
- 3D-Laser scanning of interior and exterior of residence.
- 3D-modeling of interior and exterior of structure.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of structure interior using scan data.
- 3D As-Built of 5 interior floors.
- Created BIM model from laser scan data using Autodesk Architectural Revit and Autodesk Revit MEP.
- 3d Model used for rehabilitation of apartment complex in Boston, MA.
- Provide 3d laser scanning services for interior of industrial building located in Corning, NY.
- As-Built 3d AutoCAD model from scan data to verify steel and update existing plans.
- 3d laser scanning of interior and exterior of several homes located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced complete As-Built BIM models, using Architectural Revit.
- Provided Garrsion, NY Remodeling Architect laser scanning of complete interior and exterior of ranch to produce very accurate asbuilt.
- Delivered complete BIM model using Architectural REVIT.
- 3d laser scanning entire exterior and interior of multi level barn located in Garrison,NY.
- Produced a complete asbuilt BIM model of barn, including columns, beams, and general framework using Architectural Revit.
- 3d Laser Scan Office Space for Tenant Fit-up in Washington DC.
- Produced complete BIM model using MEP Revit and Architectural Revit.