We have produced hundreds of façade surveys for building restoration engineers, developers, and owners. Below shows a façade with a colorized point cloud and basic façade drawing (Manhattan, NY).
In New York City, Local Law 11/98 requires buildings over 6 stories must be inspected every 5 years to maintain façade safety. If as-built façade plans do not exist, building restoration engineers may hire us to laser scan and produce accurate elevation drawings.
The façade drawings may be low detail where basic façade elements are shown or highly detailed where every terra-cotta, marble, or brick mortar joint and decoration are accurately displayed. Below shows an asbuilt façade Revit model (Manhattan, NY) of detailed elements. The model was used by NYC historical restoration engineers to re-produce damaged elements.
Historical documentation of the façade is another reason to document the existing conditions. In New York City, if the building is over 100 years old, developers are required to produce accurate elevation drawings of the façade. These asbuild drawings are then given to the New York City historical society. Below shows (Brooklyn, NY) a moderate detailed façade:
The software we use are AutoCAD, Revit, and Rhino. Sometimes the client requires only minimal detail of the facade's existing conditions. Other times, the client requires very extensive as-build detail of the facade. The amount of detail required can depend on several variables.
- Laser scanning of exterior facades and roofs.
- Architectural Revit As-built of building exterior facades and roofs for major renovation and building addition.
- Laser scanning of interior and exterior of building located in New York City.
- As-built of exteior facades, roofs, and floors.
- Provided Laser scanning for interior and exterior for major remodeling of building.
- Provided complete as-built strutural BIM model from scan data.
- As-build structural model included column connections.
- Existing conditions BIM model of north and west facades to comply with FISP NYC Local Law 11 and NYC Historical Society rules and regulations.
- 3d high-definition laser scanning of facade for major renovations.
- Complete accurate Autodesk Revit as-built of facade which included mullions, columns, glass, etc.
- Created Building Information Model (BIM) of exterior using scan data and existing plans for NYC facade restoration contractor.
- Provide NYC structural engineering company 3d-Laser scanning services of east and west attics of NYC City Hall.
- Complete 3D-model of west attic structure.
- Laser scan of facade and asbuilt documentation for project in Boston, MA.
- Complete facade 2d-AutoCAD asbuilt for restoration engineers.
- Produced architectural as-built exterior drawings for five buildings on campus. Extracted drawings from laser scans provide by prime.
- Produced contour maps of exterior building facades for 6 buildings on campus.
- Laser scanning of building in New York City.
- Provided complete 2d-AutoCAD facade As-build of exterior facades.
- Produced 2d floor plans of historic church.
- 2D-planworks, elevation drawings, and cross sections of entire structure using 3d laser scan data.